Saturday 11 April 2020

Lockdown Begins

Monday 23rd March 2020 Lockdown begins

8th March

My partner started to feel ill with flu like symptoms on Sunday. Flu like symptoms my eye he had what I thought was a mild cold. You know some people they always like to exaggerate their symptoms. He shouldn’t have spent Saturday messing about on the Thames.

Thinking all was well I carried on as normal I went to my mindful yoga session on Monday and then sweated like a pig on Tuesday at my Spin class. Wednesday I tripped along to Lidl Diddle for my weekly shop. I love Lidl why be exploited by the likes of Tesco and Sainsbury when you can shop adequately at Lidl.

Thursday 12th March

I first started to feel unwell. A sore throat and swollen glands that quickly developed into a runny nose and headache. I spent the next week feeling so  very ill and tired. My cold soon went to my chest. NHS 111 told me antibiotics were useless for a chest infection.


Monday 23rd March

The telephone consultation with my Dr, she offered antibiotics but I declined as I thought my infection was in decline. I requested a 5 day course of steroids. Something I have had many times in the past, being asthmatic. Then being advised should I take them, I would need to isolate for 12 weeks. I decided to take the drs advice and continue with honey and lemon warm drinks.


Tuesday 31st March

My cough was so extreme even, my neighbour commented on it. I knew I needed the steroids. My local pharmacist said the 12 week isolation was not necessary. It only applied to asthmatics who took steroids daily.


Sunday 5th April

The day after my 5 days of steroids I was so tired but,  thankfully my cough was gone. I slept for 18 out of 24hrs.  Monday I slept a little less and by Wednesday even less. By Good Friday I was able to ride my bike .

Covid 19, have I had it? I don’t know. Yes, I had a cough and a temperature. However NHS 111 did not want to know because I had not just returned from an at risk country or been in contact with a person who had tested positive.

No comments:

Post a Comment